New time-out feature shuts down your timers….

January 30, 2017 no comments

New time-out feature shuts down your timers….

Lee Geffre

Good morning,

I have noticed that the new time-out feature, which logs you out after a certain amount of inactivity in the Cosmolex interface, also turns off your timers. This is a problem, as it times out wayyyyy too quickly while I’m working on something for a client. Can this be turned off, or can you design it so that the timer continues running?

Thanks,

Lee

Esther Peralta edited question
Question is closed, new answer are not accepted.
    Esther Peralta

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

In January 2018, we released an update that now considers Timers as a session activity and will not log off the application, even if the timer bypasses the inactivity timeout limit.

This post is now closed.

Esther Peralta answered
    Krista Coggins

We can edit time that runs too long. We cannot correct timers that completely disappear. Please reconsider this “safety feature” that is merely unnecessarily frustrating – timers should keep running until stopped.

Esther Peralta commented on answer
    David Seltzer

Hi Lee,

Currently the time out feature is set for 2 hours and is for security purposes.  At this time, there is not a way to turn it off, but we plan on having ability to allow users more flexibility in setting up the security option in future.  As for the timer, I will add in the request for timers to not be affected.

Chantel Gordon commented on answer

Login