Accounts Payable / Matter Report Issues

January 30, 2017 no comments

Accounts Payable / Matter Report Issues

Cherie Allen

I use the accounts payable module to pay vendors for invoices for multiple matters with a single check. I can send the vendor a list of the invoices I am paying, but only one matter name appears on the check. It would be much better to have the invoice numbers and amounts being paid show up on the check vouchers instead of a single matter name. (Similarly, it would be nice to have single-check reimbursements to attorneys note the various expenses that are included on the vouchers.) When multiple matter invoices are paid with a single check, the matter transactions report shows the full check amount as belonging to a single matter (the one listed on the vouchers). This makes the matter transactions report useless.

I appreciate the accounts payable module, but there really needs to be a place to enter the invoice numbers being paid so that they’ll show up on the vouchers and also be searchable. I currently use the memo line for invoice numbers, but it isn’t searchable and offers no alerts when the same invoice number is entered twice. Thank you for your attention to these matters.

Chantel Gordon answered
    Chantel Gordon

Hi Cherie,

Thank you for your feedback. I can definitely see why this would be useful to have in the program. I will go ahead and put in a suggestion to our developers and if any changes get added, we will be sure to let you know.

Esther Peralta commented on answer

Login